Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Skinny on the Isagenix Cleanse Food

Okay so I'm not an advocate of being 'skinny' because that's rather synonymous with unhealthy. But I find the quote humorous as it's exactly what I was thinking on Day 1 as I drank my first smoothie: I will feel fit if I drink this.

Bear in mind that this is MY perspective and MY taste buds ;) Smilies are based on TASTE only as it's too early to tell whether or not all of this is working on Day 3.

The SMOOTHIE:
It was kind of like drinking liquid chalk the first day. But as it turns out I hadn't mixed it correctly with only 1 scoop of powder. So this morning we mixed vanilla and chocolate, added romaine lettuce (romaine is 17% protein and has 20 oz of water per head!) blueberries and ice and it was much more manageable. Disclaimer: I've never been a fan of protein shakes taste-wise to begin with so as far as they go, I think this one is pretty good. :) :)
ISA PROTEIN & FIBER BARS:
They rock. Super tasty and filling, I'm a fan. I learned that I can have a half protein bar as a snack or a full fiber bar. I want to order more of these. Yum!! :) :) :)

NATURAL ACCELERATOR Capsules: One in the morning, one mid-afternoon. No taste. No worries. :)

ISA FLUSH Capsules: 2 in the evening, again, easy, no taste. But there's also not been any noticeable flush (apparently this is not a poopy cleanse - damn) other than more urination due to the added water I'm drinking that's required on this. So if it's flushing I haven't seen proof yet but easy to take. :) 

E+ Natural Balanced Energy Shot Adaptogens:
This is supposed to fight fatigue. Must be working, I've had a shot and I'm not tired despite standing before an audience today. Mind you I haven't felt tired yet on this and I gardened all afternoon yesterday. But what I'm eating is not vastly different from what I normally ate during the day.  The taste of this E+ stuff reminds me a bit of Jaggermeister but sans alcohol. Damn. :)



ISA SNACKS:
These are little pellets that taste like sawdust. Apparently my friends like the berry kind but then as far as I'm concerned they'll just be berry flavored sawdust pellets. Both Greg and I looked at each other and went 'mmm' as in 'yuck.' So that's when I have to remind myself of the image above, especially on cleanse days when the little pellets are supposed to help with cravings. :( :( 



IONIX SUPREME:
This is a shot you take first thing in the morning that's packed with nutrients. This is the stuff I would take whether on a cleanse or not because the ingredients are stellar. As for the taste though, neither of us like it, it's pretty strong. So I advise you mix it with water. So far this is the 2nd most challenging part of the cleanse as I like my tea first thing in the morning vs this strong tasting green shot. It makes me a little nauseous and I can't stomach the 2 cups of water you're supposed to take with it so I'm doing one cup of water or I'll barf. :(

That's all I've tasted to date. There are some other things in there that we will try on cleanse days so I'll update you later. Our first two cleanse days are scheduled for Sunday and Monday. My posts may consequently reflect added grumpiness those days, if I post at all. 

Next post: The most challenging part of this cleanse so far...


No comments:

Post a Comment